Conveniently, my dad is a photographer. My best friend is getting married next month(!), so he made a trip up to Boston to do a pre-wedding/post engagement shoot for them. Matt and I tagged along since we never actually had proper engagement photos taken and a few good couple portraits are always nice to have. Our first anniversary was back in March, so we’ll call this an anniversary shoot 🙂
We posed in Beacon Hill, borrowing a few of the more picturesque doorways and stoops, and then headed to the public garden. If you’re looking for a couples photographer in New Jersey or New York (or maybe even Massachusetts or Connecticut!), you can check out my dad’s portfolio. Here are a few of my favorites from the shoot:
I wanted to keep my makeup for the shoot super simple/natural, but still look polished, so I went with:
- Josie Maran Vibrancy Argan Oil Foundation in Juicy RG50 – This gets mixed reviews but honestly I think it’s incredible. Use the smallest amount (I’m talking less than 1 pump) and work into the skin with a damp beautyblender.
- Sephora Collection Luxe False Lashes in Quill – These were so comfortable and soft and fluffy and look fantastic but still pretty natural in the photos. I’m so pleased with them and will get several uses out of one pair. At $17 they aren’t the cheapest, but they definitely are far from the most expensive lashes and the quality for the price is unbeatable.
- NARS Satin Finish Lipstick in Damage – This is from the classic line in a color I overlooked forever. It’s slightly sheer but give just a beautiful natural ‘my lips but better’ tint and sheen to lips, without having to worry about smudging it on your teeth/significant other.
- Eyelure Brow Tame and Define Wax and Anastasia Brow Powder Duo in Chocolate – This wax is a game changer for me. It’s so cheap (<$8 on Amazon) and works amazingly well to shape and hold brow hairs in place. After that I only need a tiny bit of the powder duo (I mix both shades) to fill in gaps and define.
- YSL Touche Eclat Strobing Light Highlighter – This is quite a glittery highlighter, but I knew what kind of lighting we were facing and thought this would give a nice sheen/sparkle in photos. I’m actually a big fan of this despite the poor reviews. I guess I’m just a glittery 90s kid at heart.
- Finally, MAC Well Dressed Blush – An oldie but a goodie. This is a classic ballet pink shade that a lot of people with my coloring would shy away from, but I think it really finishes the look
- Oh and my nails are the Formula X Prescription CLIX in Brightening!